- Rachael Lee
Our client is an established, dynamic, and reputable Facilities Management business with expertise in the commercial cleaning sector. They value their staff and have seen organic growth through their innovation, customer service, and desire to achieve high standards.
Due to expansion, they are now looking for an Operations Director to head up their corporate accounts in central London. This role will involve developing prestigious accounts through regular client contact and encouraging best practices. You will be passionate about your sector and an expert in your field with the desire to impart your wisdom and lead a large-scale team of professionals from the front.
- As the Operations Director, you will be in charge of a mixture of corporate accounts, which include some of the company’s most prestigious contracts.
- Managing the contracts through a team of Regional Operations Managers and Area Managers along with supervisors and a large-scale cleaning workforce across the London region.
- You will be overseeing a diverse and complex number of sites most of which will utilise both static and mobile cleaners.
- Day-to-day performance management of the team dealing with performance plans, sickness, and holidays and recommending promotions, development, and future training.
- Appointing operation staff when needed and responsible for their motivation, discipline, and welfare and holding regular staff meetings to encourage honest and transparent communication with staff and the client.
- Developing the staff and acting as a coach and mentor for more junior staff with potential.
- Support with the tendering process and then with the mobilisation of contracts across your portfolio.
- Liaise with the client through all processes from tender, mobilisation, and then subsequent operations of the contract day-to-day.
- Work closely with the procurement team to ensure all systems and structures are set up and all equipment, uniforms, and materials are supplied.
- You will be responsible for the commercials on the contract and all preparation working with a portfolio of contract work in excess of 8 million+, ensuring the contracts are profitable.
- Generating extra income through your strong relationships with your clients and making pragmatic suggestions.
- Achieve significant growth in sales revenue through new opportunities.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key contacts on contracts and ensure all work and correspondence reflects the company’s high standards and professional image.
- Provide accurate updates to ensure the accuracy of the CRM system, maintain up-to-date records and scope out new technologies and legislation. Analyse this data to maximise and enhance service levels.
- Oversee all the statutory and company practices and procedures with regard to ISO 9001 and 140001.
- Previous experience is essential, ideally working at a strategic level, ideally within a client-focused property services or facilities organisation.
- Relevant qualifications within the cleaning and the built estate environment and hold an HND/Degree in Business Studies or another relevant qualification.
- Must have commercial acumen and experience in financial forecasting, budgeting, and analysis.
- Must have experience in managing front-line staff and client liaison and negotiable at board level.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to interact at all levels.
- You will be self-motivated with the ability to influence staff and a strong lead-from-the-front attitude.
- Detailed orientated, driven with a desire to achieve high levels of standards.