- Max Grainger
Mainstay are working with a large Manufacturer who are looking to recruit for their H&S team in Elton. Our client have strong values and aim to strive for high standards and invest in their staff with lots of training and added benefits.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience ideally within a manufacturing environment and have experience in COMAH.
What are the role and responsibilities?
- Lead the development and implementation of internal Process Safety policies and procedures to meet the COMAH regulations requirements
- Provide leadership, and technical assistance on process safety issues acting as the local expert for process safety activities. When required, support operations in assessing day-to-day process safety-related issues by reviewing isolations, risk assessments, drawings and procedural changes
- Establish appropriate major accident risk management processes for Elton & Derrylin(NI) sites both Lower Tier COMAH (Control of Major Accident Hazards)
- Coordination of process safety risk assessments for the site including HAZOP, HAZID
- Establish an effective management system for process safety tasks and for assuring that all the required process safety documents are maintained and continually improved
- Ensure the effective Implementation of Management of Changes (MoCs), process hazard analysis, safe operating limits, and other process safety elements, facilitating action plan development and implementation of process improvements
- Coordinate activities related to the assessment, mitigation and completion and maintenance of process safety including Hazard Studies/HAZOP/ ALARP/CDOIF and compliance COMAH regulations
- Provide assistance to COMAH and Hazardous Substance Consent compliance projects
- Work alongside the Environmental & HS Team to deliver safety and environmental risk and impact assessments in support of COMAH and environmental permitting needs
What will you need?
- Proven experience working within process safety within a manufacturing or chemical environment
- Ability to plan and organise, communicate effectively and analyse complex situations and think strategically
- Excellent communication and collaborative teamwork skills, networker & communicator.
- Willing to help, support and share knowledge to train others
- Be able to work independently and under your own initiative
- Strong track record in process safety, you’ll be an excellent team player with a proactive and positive attitude and be confident in liaising with colleagues, industrial clients and regulators
- Experience working in a COMAH production/ manufacturing environment
- Process Safety Qualification – Diploma
- Good understanding of Process Safety Management and COMAH
- Working Mon-Thurs, 08:00-17:00/ Fri, 08:00-15:15