- York, Boulmer, Newcastle
- Max Grainger
Mainstay has an exciting opportunity for a Quantity Surveyor for a leading facilities service provider.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience in construction or FM quantity surveying within a hard and soft service background and have delivered multiple projects at once.
- Comply with all health and safety and sustainability policies and procedures.
- Provide business support to the Commercial Group. This will involve proactively facilitating our relationship with both internal and external customers by ensuring the completion of necessary commercial reports and documentation.
- Deal directly with internal and external customers and where appropriate direct them to the appropriate contact or department to solve their queries.
- Liaise with all staff including Area Managers, Site Managers, Project Managers and the Commercial Team.
- Ensure contract processes and procedures are adhered to at all times, advising and supporting as required.
- Attend risk meetings, review risk registers and follow risk management processes.
- Identify business priorities and plan work effectively, by building controls and milestones into plans and programmes.
- Comply with business policy and procedures, supporting continual improvement.
- Explore future possibilities and opportunities for improvement, support change initiatives and identify alternative solutions.
- Support the Area Relationship Improvement Plan with the client and area-specific supply chain, in line with collaborative business relationships.
- Obtain commitment from others by persuading, convincing and negotiating. Manage stakeholders utilising experience to negotiate in line with business goal requirements.
- Assist the Principal Commercial Manager with dispute avoidance and any dispute resolution.
- Deliver change management in accordance with the contract, ensuring timescales are met by all relevant stakeholders.
- Management and resolution of queries submitted by the supply chain regarding core services pricing.
- Maintain commercial control to ensure planned milestone payments are achieved, final accounts are closed to meet the business targets.
- Monitor and review supply chain performance.
- Manage supplier payments in line with contractual and company policy.
- Provide post-contract cost control on billable works.
- Experience in the commercial element of facilities management and/or commercial construction/refurbishments, either of large projects (£500k to £4.5m) or many smaller projects (£20k to £500k) running concurrently
- Developing cost models
- Risk analysis & management
- Preparation of work proposals/tenders
- Dispute resolution
- Excellent working knowledge of commercial processes
- Strong communication, negotiation and interpersonal skills
- Fraud prevention
- Health & safety awareness training