- Aaron Pollard
We are currently seeking an experienced Senior Warehouse Team Leader on behalf of a well-established fashion retailer based in Birmingham. You will be responsible for supervising, managing and motivating team members on a daily basis. As Senior Team Leader, you will be the contact point for all team members and Team Leaders in the first instance.
- To lead by example, ensuring all policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all times.
- To allocate all resources to maximise efficiency within the department.
- To report to the Warehouse Manager on all issues that affect the timely running of the department.
- Conduct employee searches, action and follow up on any issues.
- To ensure that all operational procedures are undertaken to the relevant timescales.
- To ensure that all absence is reported to the Warehouse Manager and a return to work is completed on the colleague’s first day back to work.
- To ensure all accidents and near misses are reported to the Warehouse Manager.
- To ensure that your department operates at its optimum levels, taking into account holidays and absences.
- To be aware of department performance, report and communication data on an ongoing basis.
- To report all defects as discovered directly to the Warehouse Manager.
- To liaise with other warehouse departments to maximise our resources within the operation.
- To undertake any reasonable duties deemed appropriate due to the needs of the business.
- Managing approximately 80 workers on each shift.
- Observation, feedback and coaching on KPIs.
- Creating and amending employee rotas.
- Managing IT systems and associated hardware.
- Ensuring consumables stocks are available.
- To hold briefing sessions on business performance and any other topic.
- To be the point of contact for Senior Management in the absence of the Warehouse Management.
- To hold investigation/disciplinary meetings with HR support.
- Previous experience within a similar role
- Excellent communication skills
- Able to multitask and work in a fast-paced and high-volume environment and have the ability to work under pressure.
Hours of work
5 days per week, 16:30-01:00
- Option to join employee health cash plan
- 22 days plus bank holidays (30 days total) + extra holiday for length of service
- Company pension scheme
- 50% Company discount
If you are interested in the role, please contact Aaron in our Walsall office.