- Nick Jones
Mainstay are delighted to be partnering with an established IT MSP based in the Halesowen area. The is a long-standing, reputable business that are strategically planning to grow their service offering. As part of their growth, they would like to add a Technical Service Desk Engineer to their team.
- Hands-on Helpdesk Support, with an emphasis on 2nd line call resolution.
- Overseeing maintenance checks.
- Remotely supporting customers using our RMM system and over the telephone and email.
- Attending customer sites to install new hardware and completing troubleshooting processes.
- Actioning monitoring alerts generated from our RMM system.
- Managing support ticket queues within a team.
- Suggesting and scoping improvements to customer infrastructure.
- Completing documentation including installations, SOP’s and change requests.
- Assisting with new client onboarding.
- Completing out-of-hours patching (on rota).
- Remediating security vulnerabilities.
- Contributing to weekly team catch-up meetings.
- Experience in a Level 2 / service desk role
- Windows Server Operating System
- Windows 10-11 Operating System
- Experience of core Server Roles such as Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy
- Microsoft 365 and Azure management
- Azure IaaS experience
- Exchange Online
- Microsoft Office applications including Microsoft Teams
- Network Concepts, particularly VLANs, L2 and L3 understanding and routing
- Virtualisation experience Hyper-V/VMware
- Firewall concepts
- Backup software such as Veeam
- UK driving license
- Good communication via email, phone, instant message or face-to-face
- Able to prioritise work based on urgency
- Ability to work within a team or independently
- To be adaptable and calm under pressure
- Willingness to learn
Desirable, but not required
- Good practical understanding of security and attack vectors
- Server hardware
- Hyper-V Clusters
- Microsoft Endpoint Management/Intune
- Microsoft SQL Server
- ConnectWise Manage PSA, ScreenConnect
- Datto RMM, BCDR, SaaS Backup
- Network certification such as CompTIA Network or Cisco CCNA
- Firewall certification such as Palo Alto PCNSA
Personal development and training
Successful candidates will be enrolled in a personal development plan to help up-skill the individual. Qualifications that will be available are as follows:
- Datto RMM: Certified Practitioner
- Auvik Certified Professional
- Microsoft 365 Fundamentals
- Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- 3CX Basic Certification
- PowerDMARC Email Security
If you feel you have the skills and experience and are excited by the prospect of joining a business that values personal development, please submit your CV for consideration.