- Tamworth (with national travel)
- Rachael Lee
A fantastic and growing FM service provider is currently seeking an electrician to join their team. Our client is expanding and succeeding within the sector and is therefore looking to take on a new engineer with industry knowledge and experience to help build a successful career with them.
As a qualified time-served electrician, you will be working on installation projects across the UK, including both day and night shifts, with ample opportunity for overtime. The ideal candidate will have the relevant qualifications and a passion for their work, always striving for high standards.
Our client is a supportive and progressive company that still retains a family feel, offering various opportunities for further development and progression into senior roles. If you’re looking for a stable job with exciting contracts and a business that values its staff, please see below for more information.
- You will be working on a mixture of commercial sites such as offices, this may include day work where possible and then night shifts to get the work completed out of business hours.
- Installation work across all sites, stripping out existing wiring and installing works such as LED lighting.
- Working on your own when required but you will be supported by an apprentice on most occasions.
- Surveying electrical sites where systems are installed and ensuring that electrical systems adhere to the national electrical safety standards and regulations.
- Completing work orders and recording the use of materials using internal technology such as handheld devices.
- Working off electrical installation plans, blueprints, and technical diagrams.
- Identifying electrical problems that may arise and working on practical solutions to ensure the completion of the job on time.
- Overseeing ongoing electrical work and providing technical expertise when needed.
- Delivering a high standard of work and keeping regular contact with management to prevent hazards.
- You will be responsible for ensuring your work is compliant and in line with H&S.
- You will have previous experience as an electrician ideally working on commercial sites within the built estate environment.
- Relevant qualifications such as City and Guilds level 3 in Electrical Installation, 18th edition wiring regs, and 2391 Test and Inspection – highly desirable.
- Time served ideally with a strong experience within the sector.
- Strong communication skills both verbal and written and confident talking with clients at all levels.
- Troubleshooting and strong analytical skills, along with the ability to work well on your own and under pressure.
- Malicious with an eye for detail to ensure standards across the site.