- Rachael Lee
Mainstay is offering an exciting opportunity for a Mechanical Estimator to work with a bespoke building services client located in the heart of the Midlands. Our client is experiencing rapid growth and to sustain their expansion they are seeking a Mechanical Estimator to join their team. This is an excellent chance to work with a company that values its employees and be involved in a variety of exciting projects of different sizes and values.
- You will be responsible for preparing mechanical estimates against a wide and varied range of scope, in line with the agreed pricing strategy.
- You will be responsible for managing multiple estimates simultaneously to ensure you meet agreed deadlines.
- Completing scoping documentation and paperwork and completing surveys.
- Reviewing and appraising supplier and subcontractor quotations and negotiating the price of materials.
- You will be estimating a mix of small to large works and working closely with the clients to ensure the best proposal, making pragmatic and commercial suggestions.
- Work closely with the project team and Project Managers to ensure the work is completed in line with estimations and budget.
- Completing technical design work as and when required.
- Liaising with clients on-site and ensuring smooth communication with the Project Engineers and operational team.
- Maintain quality service and follow organisation standards.
A bespoke growing facilities management company.
- Previous experience within a similar role is essential, with a strong background in estimating for mechanical works.
- You will have worked within the building sector/engineering sector and have strong knowledge of estimating and design work.
- You will be confident interpreting and communicating complex technical information.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal with excellent reporting writing skills.
- Background with planning software and competence with Microsoft suite.
- You will be confident working on your initiative and as part of a team with excellent interpersonal skills.