- Callum Fee
Mainstay have an exciting opportunity for a Small Works Project Manager for a leading facilities service provider.
The ideal candidate will have previous experience managing construction or FM projects within a hard and soft service background and have delivered multiple projects at once.
- Oversee delivery of billable works (projects) in accordance with Government Regulatory and Statutory undertakings, complying with all Health & Safety and Environmental standards and policies.
- Monitor contractors to ensure suitably qualified and experienced operatives are directed to relevant tasks to achieve safe working, timely delivery and required quality and all performance indicators are consistently achieved.
- Review risk assessments and method statements to ensure they are to an acceptable standard.
- Ensure all works are delivered to the relevant H&S standards/rules.
- Confer with stakeholders to agree the requirements, manage the design and scope process to provide a tender package.
- Work with the commercial team to manage the tender process, review and evaluate technical proposals, and provide a customer price that is VFM.
- Support end users and management in providing optimal solutions to customer requirements to resolve end-user issues.
- Deliver works to the client for carbon reduction and sustainability targets.
- Manage cost and stakeholder expectations through excellent communication and sound commercial decisions to ensure value for money.
- Work with all stakeholders to support the management and mitigation of contract risk.
- Ensure appropriate work plans and budgets are in place to achieve programmes and financial commitments, whilst meeting the changing operational need.
- Progress tasks end to end through the Maximo IT management system
- Ensure all documentation relating to billable works are completed and distributed in a timely manner, including upload to the Sharepoint system
- The candidate will ideally have a mechanical or electrical qualification or qualifications within a building maintenance environment i.e., HND in building or electrical or mechanical engineering.
- Experience supervising staff and site operations.
- In-depth knowledge of the industry standards and regulations.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Highly organised and strong attention to detail.
- SMSTS or equivalent qualification.
- Previous use of CAFM system.
- Full UK driver’s license.